Sunday, May 11, 2008

Let the Magic Begin....

We arrived at the port around noon on Saturday May 10th. It was very exciting, until we realized that they were just starting boarding and we were in group 20! Patiently we waited…not so patient for taylor and then we got on the ship. It was different than the med, we boarded on the main floor instead of down below. They called our name…WELCOME SPROUL FAMILY…and then we were off to find our room and drop my carry on. Guess what..hallways were locked! So I had to drag my carry on with me as we went to kids club…right around the corner from our room and then up to the buffet to eat a small lunch. Taylor was anxiously wanting to find her friends, who were no where to be found and I was anxious to get into our room. Voila..1:30pm hit and the door were opened. I signed up for an inside stateroom, but we ended up with a PORTHOLE room. No obstructed view. It’s great! There was a bunk bed in the room and taylor was so excited to find that she can sleep up there. So YEA I get to sleep alone! We unpacked half way and got a call to come up to our friends room. Taylor was out the door before I hung up. We went up to Nan, Paul, Molly and Wilsons room to hang out until our dismeet at 3pm. Marr, Jacinda, Dominic and Tiffani joined us shortly and we all (minus nan) went to the dismeet. I met a lot of the people I talk to online and also Gaylean and Jon and their kids. It was nice to put faces to names. We got cool mini navigators with all of the dissers information. Then we went to the sailaway party up on deck. After that I had a spa treatment and taylor played in kids club…then dinner with our friends. We have 2 tables and sit with all California families from the dis. They are all great and we are able to have the kids at one table and the adults at another. After dinner the kids ran off to kids club for a “kim possible scavenger hunt” All of us adults headed off to Rockin’ Bar D for the games. Of course, I ran in as they were starting and I need to win and get free stuff!...The first game was the balloon pop…I am a previous winner of that one, so I had it in the bag. There were 2 ways to win, Style and Speed….I was first! Speed was in the bag! And my style…well lets just say my popping technique left people speechless! Hahahha…but even thought the judge picked me for both, the MC said 2 people should win, so I just won on speed, but style in spirit. What was my prize? A shot…I passed. Had some cosmos with dinner so I was good to go. The next game was a disgusting coin drop, to gross to describe, but I wouldn’t do it so nuff said! We had a nice large group of our California gabby girl dissers and their spouses and danced and had a good time. Of course, taylor was the first to page that she was ready to leave kids club around 11:45pm. I picked her up and we went to bed….day one in the bag!

Mother's day we arrive at Disney’s Private island…CASTAWAY CAY

3 comments:

Stacey Sproul said...

You said you were going to pos pics!?!?!

Stacey Sproul said...

HAVE FUN!!!!Wish we were there!

PURTYPAT1 said...

Wow, you were upgraded. GREAT!!! what room # do you have. Who are your servers? Remember we had Sammy & Walter? Are they still there.

Happy Mothers Day to you!!!

Patricia