Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 6….Sea Day





Today is our first of 4 sea days and I have discovered that the internet is down. Satellite issues. I am told that we might get it fixed in the Canal Crossing but otherwise it will be at Acapulco.
We had our Character breakfast this morning. They call it Mickey’s Island Jam. The kids have fun, but they are up and down from their tables. It’s nothing like Goofys Kitchen at DL where they come over to you. I was used to it from the med cruise but others were not so they were quite unhappy.
I had to leave early to go to Palo for brunch. I had invited some ladies to dine with me but they have had a hard time getting up before noon on this cruise, so I joined Bubba and Venetia. Luckily we both had ressies at the same time so we just combined. It was fantastic, as usual. After my long brunch, I found taylor and headed to the pool. As I was relaxing at the pool, I was reminded that we have ladies tea this afternoon, among other things. I really didn’t want to go, as I was full from brunch, but I wanted to check it out since I was unable to do so on the med cruise. I sent taylor off to see the Panama Canal Presentation and headed off to tea. We were lucky that there were 2 other groups of people that we knew, but Palo could not seat us together which was strange since it was empty. We sat near each other but not close enough to talk.
After tea there were 2 options…a wedding or “champagne girls” The wedding started at 4 and it was 4:15, so I ended up at the champagne girls. When I signed up for this I thought it was a simple tasting, but it ended up being a pink tiara wearing schooling kind of thing. Not my interest at all. Additionally, I was shushed (second time this cruise) so I walked out. If you can’t talk to others in a group setting, well then I’m out. I went off to find taylor and saw the cutest thing. Emily was sleeping in the most awkward position, but she was asleep.
We went to dinner and agreed to meet some other friends up on deck afterwards to swim. Well, we were there but Gaylean was not…oh well the girls had fun swimming until midnight. During their swim the parents watched the cheetah girls 2 on the big screen. We were also pulling into the mouth of the Panama Canal. We went from seeing nothing to seeing hundreds of ships. It was very cool.
Tim, Lori, Marr and I decided that we would get up to watch the entrance to the canal. So at midnight we headed in with the kids as we knew we were getting up early the next day.

Canal Day is tomorrow!

No comments: