Friday, May 23, 2008

Cabo and Sickness do not go hand in hand

We arrived in Cabo this morning and my “allergies” turned into a full fledged cold. Too much fun was taking it’s toll on me. My mission today was to get to La Pharmacia and pick up some antibiotics. Taylor decided to stay on the ship and I met up with my friends from yesterday, plus Bubba and Venetia. We all tendered over to Cabo and started walking around. Everyone was taking their time so we split apart. I went with Bubba and V and continued on. We ended up walking to the mall. Much farther than I had made it last time I was in Cabo. Well last time I was here was for my sisters wedding and we all got a little hammered before we left the ship. I think we made it a block and decided to head back. HAHAHA. This time I was on my mission, drugs! I found a pharmacy and purchased my Z-pack. Immediately taking the first one. 3 days and this should be gone, but in 3 days we’ll be in LA. So basically, I am poor Stephanie who can’t play. I came back to the ship on my own…this is how bad I feel that I saw Debbie and Brian Tendering in and I was getting on to go back..healthy Stephanie would have said Hi and maybe gone back in with them, but sick Stephanie just wanted to go to bed. I came back, taylor was watching a movie in kids club so I left her there and promptly fell asleep. My daughter came in and out of our room informing me of her comings and goings while I slept the day away. Eventually I made it out of my room to inform my dinner companions that I would not be attending. I also saw a friend while getting coffee, offering my services as company while in my head I just wanted to go and lay down again. If I knew them better I would have required them to come back and take care of me. Sometimes it sucks to be the mom. Always having to take care of someone and not being able to have anyone take care of you. I checked my email, made a few phone calls and went back to bed. Taylor came in to let me know she was going with Kristen to the deck party and then came in again to let me know she was going to the movies. Somewhere, she came in and went to bed, but I was long asleep.
Due to my sleeping all day, I woke up the next morning at 6am! I went and got a muffin and some tea. I feel…well not better, but not as bad. The sun is not out, it’s overcast. My chances of getting browner have gone from slim to very slim. I think I will play bingo today and just hang out inside unless the sun comes out. Taylor will probably stay in bed until noon as is her normal routine. Enough of my whining. I will post again later. I’ll add pictures once I am back at home.

2 comments:

PURTYPAT1 said...

Hay Steph,

I have been reading other Disney blogs live from the Magic. Your not alone being sick, there are many. I hope those drugs kick in, & you're feeling better.

Hum....what's going on at those poker games, that your not writing about LOL

Feel better

Patricia

Brenda said...

Hi Steph
sorry to hear you were unwell and from what I remember you had a similar cold on the Med.last year?

Hope you feel better and have enjoyed your report.
Patricia, how are you doing, strange the three of us meeting up on this board - are you joining us for the Eastbound?
Brenda