Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 10 – Acapulco and Taylors Tenth Birthday!





We started off today with a birthday breakfast for Taylor with Nan and Family as we were not arriving in port until noon. It was very relaxing and fun. Then we headed off to the room to clean up and organize. My daughter decided that she wanted to go to kids club for a while and I went down to deck 4 to watch us pull into port. I was standing next to Mario from kids club and he was pointing out his family that had come to the ship to spend the day with him. It was very sweet. His cousins were very excited that they got to come on the “Mickey ship” There were also tons of little kids screaming mickey mouse from the pier. So sweet and sad that this is the closest they will get to Mickey Mouse. We still had time and I went up to the pool to chill out and read. Taylor didn’t want to leave kids club to be with me. Eventually it was time for our excursion. Taylor still didn’t know what we were doing so it was very cool! We went down to the meeting place and the employee asked her if she was excited to go to the dolphins…I coulda killed him! I was standing behind her making the throat motions..and then he felt bad he ruined the surprise. She was very excited though to find out about it. We boarded our bus and of course she made a fast friend and sat excitedly with Deja all the way to the dolphins. We got in and pet, kissed and they jumped over us. Taylor didn’t get in to kiss the dolphins, but she did everything else.
We came back to the ship and met up with our friends to leave again and go to dinner. She didn’t want to go, even though her friends were going too, but I made her. We went to El Zorrito…FABULOUS…best meal yet. AND CHEAP! 9 people ate and drank for $100 usd. Such a deal. After dinner we went to a local market. I am sure I got ripped off, but we bought some things there. Then back to the ship. Taylor promptly left me for kids club and I sat on deck with some other guests, chatting the night away…are you really surprised by that? Whats next…another sea day!

No comments: