Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 14 – 2nd to last sea day


I woke up at 5:45am! Crazy right?!? I slept all day yesterday so I was bound to get up early on our 2nd to last sea day. I went up on deck to check out the sunrise..my first time! It was very hazy/foggy/cold. Take your pick! I got some tea and headed back down to try to get some more sleep, but I couldn’t get back to sleep. So I updated the blog and tried to add pictures. I got one done and then the page wouldn’t come up. What a waste. I am currently trying to add pictures again as I am up early again.
Taylor and I decided to try our luck at bingo. I’m afraid my lucky streak has run out as we didn’t even get close to the jackpot. There’s still one more day and the Jackpot is 25k so who knows. After Bingo, we went up to the pool deck and even though it was cold and overcast, we both put on our bathing suits. They had a ton of pool games today so taylor was in heaven. I just sat and read. I am sad to report that I have only read 2 books out of 5. I guess that’s good though because I have been having so much fun, I haven’t had time to read. In the middle of my attempt to tan, I went to promenade lounge to get a picture with Joey and Alfonso and their autograph. There was a long line, but Vicki was in it and pulled me in with her! Thanks Vicki! We both got out autographs and pictures and Vicki being the smarty that she was just got right back in line and got more autographs and pictures and stuff personalized.
Damn…if I had only thought of that!
Later on, my cold came back and I headed down to the room for a nap. Taylor stayed up on deck with her friends and their parents. I napped until it was time for Flubber. I met up with Vicki in the kids club and we all got to make flubber. I gave Vicki ours for her to keep. She was very excited. I got pulled up to be a helper and I kept thinking oh, I hope I don’t sneeze as I forgot tissue. BUT I didn’t so all was well. After Flubber, I went to the show and met up with Heather and the kids. The show was “Dreams” and it was cute. After dreams we had to get ready for our last formal night on the ship. We got all gussied up and went off to dinner at Animators Palate. I am glad I got to wear my nice dresses more than once this year. Dinner was not spectacular. Probably because I can’t taste anything, but it was primarily seafood on the menu and we all know how I do not like seafood. I did learn that you can order Palo in the dining room. That was new and I will try that next time I am on this cruise. Oh yea, there will be a next time!
After dinner I went to see if they were taking the “white” pictures as I wanted a nice one of Taylor and I, but they weren’t. I couldn’t find Brian and Debbie to get a group shot of us all dressed up so I went back to my room and changed. Taylor went off to kids club and was very excited that it was open until 1am. Lori and I went to see the magic show..or part of it and then headed down to Rockin’ Bar D for disco night! We met up with Bubba, V, Shannon and Ken…ps Happy Birthday Ken! Eventually Tiff and Marr joined us. As we were sitting there enjoying the disco, Joey, Alfonso and their significant others came in and sat right next to us. Of course, I was in heaven. But the cold came on again and at midnight I said goodnight and headed to bed. My daughter was having way too much fun in kids club so Kristen walked her to the room at the end of their night and she came in and snuggled with me for a bit and went off to bed.

LAST DAY TOMORROW…

2 comments:

arlenesp said...

Hi, loved reading all the reports. Just one question. You mentioned you could have ordered off the Palo menu. I ws told this was only an option for the suites. Did something change???

Taysmom said...

One of the people were in a cat 4, is that a suite, cause there room sure didn't look like a suite. Looked the same as my cat 10 SPH with a verandah. I guess you can ask/beg/plead for anything and they'll give it to you.