Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 12 - Puerta Vallarta





We arrived in PV this morning. Taylor and I have no excursion planned today, so this morning I decided to do a load of laundry. My daughter was repeating her clothes..it was about time! Around 11am we met Gaylean, John, Kim and Jerry and their kids to go and walk around PV. We took a cab to the downtown area and walked around. It was a nice day but the water at the beach was brown…YUCK! We stopped for lunch and drinks and sat overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful. As we headed back to find a cab, we say Joey, Alfonso and their families eating lunch at a restaurant we passed up. Bummer. We didn’t bother them although I wanted too…heehee.

We came back and went to WalMart for some supplies. I needed some cranberry juice for my Vodka and Lotion for my sunburn. Everyone else needed some stuff too. Good thing walmart is across the street from the ship.

Taylor found her friends and went up to deck 9 to hang out with them, and I went up to 10 to watch us leave from port. There was a Carnival Ship at port too..so we gave them a couple of “honks” from our horn. BTW, our horn plays “when you wish upon a star” so of course our ship rocks better! We waved goodbye to the carnival people and all the fishermen in the sea and headed off to Cabo.

Tiff called and wanted to see the Crew Talent Show, so we went to that. It was funny, good and crazy. Kinda like kareokee night at rockin’ Bar D. We headed to dinner afterwards. Tonight was a “California” menu. Now I am from California and there was NOTHING I’d eat on that menu. So I basically had a bite to try some food and relaxed and talked with my table mates. Marr brought out my Menage a tois (don’t know if I spelled that right) red wine. It was good. I basically indulged too much on the drinks tonight and since I barely ate, paid later!

We had taylors birthday cake tonight and sang a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday. They made Chocolate Cake for her and it was GOOOOOOD.

I took taylor and Kristen to kristen’s room so she could change and sent them down to kids club. Happily they went off. I went down to Rockin’ Bar D to find some friends..and surprisingly I didn’t see anyone I knew ( I have a little rep with my friends that I know too many people on this ship. My friendly nature shines through again!) So I walked over to Diversions and there was Bubba. I went over to sit with him and he told me all about his horrible excursion ( he got 100% refund). His wife Venetia and Gaylean came back from seeing ducky Williams. We all decided to do Hot Tubs part 2. So off we went to change and meet up on deck 9. I called some others to see if they wanted to join and they were too tired…old farts! Hahahahhaaha. Gaylean didn’t come up either; she decided to spend time with her husband. The nerve! Even Lori, who went to change, decided against. So Bubba, V and I had a relaxing time in the tubs until the CDA kicked us out.

I stopped by kids club to see what taylor was up too and she told me she’d come to the room when she was done, so I went to our room and got ready for bed. My daughter is so sweet as she came in, found tissues for me as I have allergies, brought the garbage can over so I have something to throw them in and then climbed up in bed.

Tomorrow is Cabo..

1 comment:

Stacey Sproul said...

Im totally bummed about the no pics situation!