Saturday, June 23, 2007

Pisa, Pisamo, Paisano





Today we went to Pisa. Not VIP Pisa, just Pisa. I guess the old saying goes, it really DOES matter what bus you’re on! We had a bus guide that didn’t speak a word. Literally. We rode from the ship to Pisa in silence then she let us to the main square. When SOMEONE else informed us we’d have free time for 45 minutes. OK, what is that all about? Then we met back at the center and we had a guide that took us over to the Tower and gave us all the info, we walked to the basilica and went inside. It was beautiful. Then to the Baptismal and went inside to hear some beautiful singing. It echos throughout and makes it seem as though there is more than one person singing. Well, our guide, while knowledgeable didn’t like the hands free microphone to talk into, so she chose to push the button on the walkie to talk. However, she would release the button and keep talking. People would remind her that she had to push so we could hear her. It was a mess. I ended up switching channels and listening to another guide with another bus. I spoke with several people who had other busses and they all had a great experience. Meanwhile, I spoke with several people on our bus and they were all frustrated. So…I don’t know how to pick the right bus, but good luck.

These people were on our bus and they HAD to be first in line for EVERYTHING…hello kindergartners. They were cutting people, including children, off to make sure they were right behind the guide. I took their picture from the back, so I won’t get sued. There were several of us laughing our butts off at them.

After Pisa, we came back and taylor and I swam (well I read) and then I lost her again to her friends! We met up at the Crew Talent Show which our tablemate and friend (and disser) marie was in! It was a good show and Marie did fabulous, even though she was really nervous.

After the show taylor stayed with her son Jeff, to watch the second show, and I went to dinner. Since I had no table mates tonight, Sandy and JJ joined me for dinner. Sandy and I are both a little sick. We have some throat thing going on. Sandy is amazed at how much we have in common, it’s quite funny. Then I came back and went to bed. Taylor got to run around with Jeff and Jenna and trade pins and do whatever until Midnight. Jeff and Jenna are 12 and 13 so I felt comfortable with taylor being with them. She came crawling into bed and fell fast asleep.

Next stop Marseille…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing trip. when is Euro Disney?

Stacey Sproul said...

But did Taylor hold up the leaning tower??? Stay tuned......

Erika said...

We just caught up on reading all your entries this morning! Sounds like so much fun. But Annalise keeps asking me when it's over. :-)
We can't wait to see more photos and hear about the rest of the trip.Here's something from Annalise- I hope Taylor is having a fun time, write us back when we'll see you again. Sounds like fun I wish I was on that trip.