Saturday, June 23, 2007

2nd sea day...



So another sea day has come and gone. Today we slept in, well my little one slept. I was up around 8am. Today we had the Mickey’s Island Jam Breakfast (character breakfast). Now I don’t mean to sound whiny, but…we arrived and sat at our table, which wasn’t our table today. It turns out since we switched our dining rotation we had it another day, so we found our friends, the Johnsons’ who also weren’t supposed to be there and sat with them. Unfortunately, there were very few people, but you had to sit at your assigned table regardless. We were far away from the action. The kids were always over where the characters were and our waiters were trying to move us along very quickly. I sure do appreciate the buffet style breakfast.
After that I lost taylor for several hours. She was off with her friends. I eventually found her at the pool and soon enough it was time to get ready for Tea with Alice and the Mad Hatter. The tea was…well…terrible. If you forget to go, don’t worry you’re not missing much. They had tea (real iced tea, unsweetened) on the table for the kids with 1 cookie. The tables were all smashed together and it was basically an etiquette class for the kids with some fun thrown in. Taylor was disappointed, but we did get our obligatory picture with Alice and the Mad Hatter.

After that, I dropped taylor off at kids club as I had another Disboard meet that she didn’t want to attend and then right after dinner at Palo’s with the ladies.
The Disgroup meet was fun. We all had time to catch up and compare notes. See people we hadn’t seen in a while.


Then Marie, Patricia, Patsy and I went to Palo’s for dinner. We met up with a woman patricia had met (who was a reporter) and her son’s girlfriend…got that?!

She interviewed me about being a single mom on the cruise. I still need to get a link to her article. Dinner was wonderful. I had the most brilliant filet and dessert…OMG! A soufflé to end all soufflés. Our waiter was Ciao and he was very accommodating. We were sitting next to 3 women who some in our group thought were men in drag. I must admit that the one in the Tigerskin blazer did look like an old man in drag. HAHAHA...
So I ran out of dinner to get taylor and go see Twice Charmed. We didn’t make it in time to find seats, so we stood in the back behind a crotchety old man who was shooshing every child that made any noise. We reminded him that this was a Disney cruise he signed up for, but he didn’t care. He was just rude.
I was wiped out after the show and surprisingly so was taylor, so we headed to our cabin to go to sleep. Another early day tomorrow as we are going to Pisa to hold up the leaning tower.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Nice dress sexy mama. :-) Dinner sounds delish!