Friday, June 15, 2007

1st full day in Barcelona

Our first day..and boy did we get an early start! We both woke up at 3am (6pm cali time) and could not go back to sleep. At 430 we gave up and took showers. We decided to get the early train so we got the 6:30 train and arrived at 8am at Montserrat.





It was a beautiful and spiritual monestary. Since we were all alone, except for a few employees and some other (3) visitors, we were able to see it all w/o lines or crowds.
We headed down at 9am and went straight to the chocolate museum. It wasn't all we thought it would be but the following picture (of which is 100% chocolate) was cool!

We were then very tired so we headed back to our hotel for a quick swim and some down time. Thats all taylor needed was a little cold water pool. She was ready to go!
So we left and metro'd over to La Sagrada Familia. WHAT A SIGHT! I can only say it was overwhelming. Amazing and beautiful. I was suprised to hear my daughter ask if we could go inside. To which I promptly bought tickets and we walked around the construction. Unfortunately my pictures don't do it justice. BUT we thought this was funny.

Yes, that's a real pigeon.

We then headed to Las Ramblas and walked from plaza catalunya to the port and back. All the while looking for the Gaudi home, which of course was in a different part of town! Oh well...maybe we'll get there tomorrow.
We saw some amazing street performers. Taylor thought they were cool, but she was scared to go up to them and give them money. It was quite amusing to me!

We wasted time before dinner by looking in stores, of couse taylor made out like a bandit with a new shirt and shoes, but she didn't get the soccer ball she really wanted...now how am I supposed to get that home!

Then we met some of our dis friends for dinner. It was great to put faces with names and taylor promptly has a new "best friend" for the cruise, Jasmine. She and jasmine hit it right off...I have dubbed them the terrible twosome, and Jasmine and her mother wendy decided to join us for a short trip to plaza espana for the magic waterfalls....unfortunately there is a car show at the plaza so no waterfalls available for us.

We got back to our room around 11pm. Taylor has fallen fast asleep and I am waiting for my tylenol pm to kick in...
We can see the port from the balcony upstairs and I thought I saw the magic out in the med. What other company could have a red/black and yellow ship??? Although, they are not supposed to arrive until 5am so who knows.

Tomorrow we board the cruise. We are both very excited. I will try to keep up daily. Ask any questions you want.

PS...the metro and I have made friends. It is fantastic system for touring around...not so much when you have luggage. I feel like an old pro on it now!

cya

1 comment:

Stacey Sproul said...

I'm just jealous! It looks like great fun! Will you watch David for 3 weeks so Dan and I can go? Tell Taylor I said hello. Dont forget to blog from your cruise (when you can).
Have fun & we love you!