Saturday, June 16, 2007

Day 3...

Well, we started day 3 late. Taylor slept in until 10am. I had to wake her up and remind her we were boarding the ship today. The princess finally got her act together and we packed up and headed for Mickey. It looked much closer than it really was….we started walking to the port which was 3 blocks away but we reached a point where I knew we could not walk anymore. Hailed a cab and 10 euros later we were at the ship. It took all I had not to cry as we entered. It wasn’t very busy so were sailed through the check in. Then we had to wait to board. We weren’t waiting alone. Purtypat, Worktoplay, also and many other dissers were there too.
We saw Mickey and took the following picture…bad picture of mommy but whatever and then boarded the ship….


OH MY GOODNESS…it is beautiful. We immediately went to Palo’s to secure dinner reservations. 2 nights for mom and her new friends! Waitlisted for tea, but that’s ok. Then off to add some spa services and changed our seating to sit with Marie and her son Jeff. We have the APL rotation for those of you in the know…They didn’t have a show tonight, but said they would next time.
After we secured everything it was time for lunch with other disfriends. We met a lot of nice people at lunch and saw them throughout the day.
Taylor hooked up with Jasmine again and off they went to the kids club. So any chance of leaving the ship to explore the rest of Barcelona ended.
I spent my alone time delivering magnets and unpacking while taylor played in kids club. Then we took the girls swimming and went to the lifeboat drill. We missed the show as I had a spa reservation. To be honest, I didn’t know there was a show. I need to start reading my Navigators better.

After spa time, I picked up taylor and we went to dinner. For all of you reading for future cruises if you want to make the Sail Away party, tell your waiter/ess in advance. We didn’t get our actual meal until 9:50pm! Needless to say I rushed through and raced up to deck 9. It was a fun party and we ran into more dissers there.

After the party, taylor and Jasmine went back to kids club and Jasmines mom, wendy, carol and I went to rockin d bar or rockin bar d..whatever to the adult party. There were few of us there, so I participated AND WON 2 games!

Cool prizes and lot's of fun. Smilin jack and his wife andrea were there, they were a riot!

Then I picked up Taylor and she's asleep as I blog.

Tomorrow we have a full day scheduled. Here's the lowdown....
10:30 brunch for mom at palo's with dis friends
1:00 DVC Member welcome
1:30 Gift Meet
3:00 Meet and greet in the Roy Suite ..thanks leilani

I am sure there is more, I just have to read that navigator!

2 comments:

Stacey Sproul said...

No pics =-(
Post Pics!!!!

DisneyCruiseFAN said...

Thanks for the great trip report! Smiling Jack and his wife Andrea are my parents. They will be at the DVC meet today. Tell them "Danielle says Hi" if you run into them again!!! What a small world. Thanks,
Danielle