Friday, June 29, 2007

Euro Disney

Well we did it, went to eurodisney. It was...hmmm...ok. Not as good as california but definately had it's good things.
1st was space mountain. It was fantastic. They do it a little different here and..spoiler alert...it has corkscrew turns..you go upside down! We were definately suprised and I was a little green at the end!
2nd was Big Thunder..my personal favorite in california and Euro disney did it better. It seemed faster and you went under water to it's own island. It was very cool.

The bad things...well hate to say it but the people. Everyone was pushing and shoving. So many people cutting in line. It was hard to be happy in this place.
Also, I never thought I would appreciate the "smoking" zones in california. Here people smoke EVERYWHERE...in lines and all over the park. It was definately a shock from california.

Unfortunately, it rained so the parade was cancelled. Which was a bummer. We did get to see some characters and tay got some autographs.

The other bad things...the cost...OMG...it was 20 euros for a hamberger and chix nuggets at lunch! Crazy!..All of the food was expensive...but something I've never seen at disneyland...SALES..they had so much merch on sale. I'd never seen anything like it in california. We got some trinkets as memories, but otherwise we really stayed away from the souveniers.

We didn't get over to MGM, so Robert if your reading this, I could not find a "cars" shirt for adults. Plenty for kids, but nothing in the big boys size. It was actually hard to find items with anything DLP on it.

Anyways, we are packing up for london tomorrow. I broke down and hired a car service to take us to the train station. No lugging luggage tomorrow. Will do the same in london.

Then it's the big red bus to sightsee and harrods and back to the hotel to head home.
I won't be blogging again until then as my battery is pretty much dead!

Can't wait to be home. Talk to you all then!

Will add pics then.

4 comments:

Robert said...

It's called Walt Disney Studios-Paris...not MGM ;)

LOL

Susie and I have been reading your blogs and it sounds like you have been having a great time. Please have a safe trip home and we will see you when you return.

PURTYPAT1 said...

Hay Steph,

Tell Taylor, Jenna Grandma & I were on the "Big Red Bus" the day before you. Make sure you get off & take the river boat tour, it is included in the price. There is a coffee pastry stand, before you board the boat. Go there they,have the best pastries.

Have a safe trip back.

Patricia

Lisa said...

Hi Steph. We met briefly on the ship. Great blog - just makes me want to go back. My niece wants to be "boat schooled" now:) Have a great summer.

Lisa Tex

scottishwee35 said...

Hi

I know that rude people at Paris Disneyland as I was there two years ago. Yes, on my own with two children. People keep push and very rude to me. At end, I shouted at them. My god. I know that it was very rude at Paris Diseyland that why I didn't tell you and don't want spoil it . Now you know what it like. I prefer Florida!! Yes!!

Scottishwee35