Saturday, August 23, 2008

She's Home!


My daughter returned from camp today! I am very excited to have her home. She is currently in bed resting from her long trip home. I had a fun drive down with Alex's parents and brother. We stayed at a hotel close to camp and ventured over this morning to meet the girls. I couldn't believe how I started crying when I saw her at camp. Good thing I was wearing my sunglasses! After the hugs and catching up we went up to the rec room for their awards ceremony. My daughter and her friend cleaned up! Tay got alot of ribbons and certificates and her best ones were "all around girls" camper and 1st place in animal care and horsemanship. Her friend got a ton of awards too but her favorite was the "all around" camper. That was fantastic. She thought taylor was going to get that one too but she pulled it out and it made her very happy. She lost grand champion horse by 1/2 a point so the plaque she got for the all around made up for it. The girls had a great time and taylor can't wait to go back next year. She's already informed me that she wants to go back for 3 weeks next year!

Now it's time to get ready for school! We're getting a hair cut and some new uniforms and shoes during the next week and then off to school after labor day. Hope everyone had a great summer. I look forward to this year and the challenges that 5th grade will hold for my daughter.

No comments: