Sunday, August 10, 2008

Heading to Camp



This past weekend it was time for taylor to head to camp. She was in So. Cal. with her dad for the week and we coordinated a place to pass her from one to the other down there. So I had a nice relaxing drive down to Oxnard, CA by myself. My favorite part of the drive down 101 is arriving at Pismo beach (and all the clams you can eat!). The mountains just open up and there's the Pacific Ocean. It's beautiful although friday it was foggy and my fanatastic view was obstructed! The ocean goes away for a while and then comes back out again at Gaviota and you have this beautiful scenery all the way down to oxnard. There's something about driving with the Ocean on your side that is so relaxing and makes the long drive better. Arriving in Santa Barbara is always nice.


Some day I plan to actually stop at all these places and spend some time visiting. Sounds like a nice mellow vacation to me. A week at the beach in califorina all down the state!

**all pictures taken with my IPHONE, I apolgize for my car being in them. I haven't mastered the camera yet!

No comments: