Friday, May 25, 2007

19 days to go

So here are some pictures.....

Here is a picture of me, Steph, with my big ball. Today at my work (which is a school) we had "Engage the spirit" day. It was a bunch of fun PE stations. My coworker and I volunteered to be in charge of the big balls today. We enjoyed saying that over and over again too! Not a very attractive picture. It was about 88 degrees and I had no voice left after an 1 hour with 200 students, but I love this day. It's so much fun!

This one is of my fridge. I have made just a few magnets for my "dis" friends.

This is my Disney daughter on her fieldtrip thursday. She is the one facing the camera. I am not that comfy with her pic on the web, so this will do for now. This will be the shirt she wears at pirate night. I think it'll work out for her..

So it's been a few days. I have been trying to keep myself distracted with real life. Instead of counting down the days until our trip. On thursday, I accompanied my daughters 3rd grade class for a hike in a park by our school. A 2 1/2 mile hike over hills...ugh! It was hot, I was sweating...I think I was the whiniest one there! :) ...but I did it. I felt great too. (when I saw that school bus in the parking lot I was running like it was a long lost friend). Today was engage the spirit day at school. There are 12 PE stations and 1 snack station. Each class does one station for 7 minutes. It doesn't seem like alot of time, but it really is! My station was, once again, the Big Balls station. I don't know why the PE teacher keeps giving me that one, but I accepted it again. It can be fun but you have to scramble to find the right activity for the right age group. The kindergartners and 4th graders are my favorite. K's just love the biggest ball. It takes about 10 K's to equal the ball. They get covered by it, but they love it. The 4th graders are just my favorite group of kids all around. They are always open for anything. Funny enough my daughters grade is not in my top ten, but I've known most of those kids for years, so I'm over them!

So now it's memorial weekend. Last extra time before the end of school and the cruise. We have a busy weekend planned. My daughter and her friend are doing a mini horse camp this weekend. First time for my daughter to be on a horse. She's very excited! Plus a birthday party, sleepover and 2 bbq's. One at gma's and one at the neighbors. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

PURTYPAT1 said...

Hi Steph,

I just had to smile while reading about your DD's field trip, West coast hiking, while I'm on the east coast with my DD Ellis Island no woods, but lot's of walking.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Patricia