Sunday, July 6, 2008

Get out the tiny Violins...and some good news!


So my 4th of July weekend started off with a bang~I got a wicked sinus infection. Oh joy. I woke up friday morning feeling like crap. Taylor and I were going with another family to Inverness for the weekend and I was dreading it. Suzanne called me in the morning and I sounded like death warmed over! She offered to take taylor and let me stay home, but I wanted to go. As the day progressed on and my head felt like it was going to explode, I finally gave in and sent taylor with them, hoping to load up on enough cold medicine to get me there saturday. Saturday came and went along with 2 boxes of kleenex! I haven't been this sick since my cruise and I was very depressed on saturday. Pity Party for One please! BUT...I slept through the night saturday night and woke up so pleased that I jumped in the shower and headed over to Marin County! I called Suzanne and told her I was on my way. I got there around 9:45am and it was COLD!. When I left my house at 8am it was already 80 degrees...it was only 60 in inverness. It was very cute there. The home they were staying in had a peek of tomales bay. We hung out for a little bit and then loaded up and headed down to the lighthouse. It was very foggy,windy and cold (at 1pm no less) but too cool.





After the lighthouse we went to drakes beach and had lunch at drakes cafe. The kids played in the sand. The fog has lifted a little over drakes and we had a nice time walking in the warm sand.

After that we headed to Inverness and their 2 stores, then to Inverness Valley and their 1 Store..these towns were so small and quaint. Then we headed to Pt. Reyes Station and walked around there. I don't think I could live in this area, they are a little too birkenstocky for me. Organics, Vegetarian blah! The kids finally whined enough and we headed back to the house to veg out. The kids went in the hot tub with suzanne while Andrew and I vegged with our beers. It was very relaxing. We goofed around for a couple more hours and then closed up the house and headed back over to home. Taylor had a great time and I appreciate that my friends took her with them





The Good news is...MY SISTER IS PREGNANT! Baby #2 is due at christmas. All I want for xmas is a ticket to dallas! Cash is accepted!