Saturday, July 6, 2013

What's new in our world!

My baby has finished her freshman year in High school. It's just going by so fast. She hit a bump at the end of year and learned a valuable lesson about homework and grades. Hopefully she will remember as she enters her sophomore year.

winners get t-shirts!
She finished her club season strong. It was a new club for us and as with all of her club teams, it just gets frustrating that all players aren't in it 100%. We have talked about her needing to move up to a 1's team but even my peanut doesn't have that commitment level, yet. She's more of a 1 1/2 LOL. She is working on it. She is already doing conditioning for HS volleyball and has every intention on making AND playing on varsity next year. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. To that level she has decided to end her competitive soccer playing. It was a tough decision but in the end I believe it's the right one. She loves volleyball and really likes soccer. I hope that she trys out for HS soccer to keep up her skills but if not, she can just concentrate on homework.

Love these girls. Last comp. soccer game. Go explosion!
We ended the school year with a family vacation to Walt Disney World with Uncle Andrew and his GF Ciara and Aunt Stacey and her family Dan, David and Ashley. It was a fun trip with alot of walking and rides, shows, rain and heat...and oh the humidity!
Dinosaur!
Epcot Mr. Dos XX
Dan, Steph, Ash, Stacey on brokedown test track. David is hidden but there too!


Ciara, Andrew and Tay last night in magic kingdom









A fun time had by all at WDW. I'll go again in another 5 years LOL. Next time for a little longer. Need more time for relaxing inbetween. 3 park days, 1 pool day, 3 park days and I want to see more of florida.

We came home to our little ones that were left behind. That's right, I became a foster parent this past year and while I have had some guests they only stay for a little bit. But currently we have twins that have been with us for over 2 months. They were unable to make the trip with us so they stayed behind with my friend and foster parent. I made it up to them with a new experience for the kids. These kids have never been in school before so they both started 1st grade, albeit late in the year, but they had so much fun! They love going to a classroom each day and made new friends. They really had never been socialized with other kids so it was amazing to see how they grew. Currently they are attending a summer day camp where they can swim, rock climb, ride horses, hike, canoe etc. It's amazing to see their reactions on a daily basis. It's also sad to think that they couldn't experience this at their home. But we keep our fingers crossed that their mommy will do what she needs to do so they can go home. They miss their mommy alot and I want them to be happy. I have come to realize that the kids I take care of are always going to go back to a messed up situation. But that is their life. I can only hope that I show them a glimmer of what can be if you work hard.

While tay went off to oregon with her dad for a vacation, one of the amazing things I got to do this summer was take the kids to a special camp for limb deficient children and their siblings as one of my current foster kids is missing an arm. It was so awesome to see their reaction to meeting other children and adults who are missing parts of their bodies. I spent 4 days in awe of these people and on the verge of happy tears watching the kids do so many things they didn't think they could! After camp, we were so close to Disneyland, that I couldn't pass up taking the kids to their first trip to disney. They loved it but I forgot how hard 6 year olds were in the happiest place on earth! I'm just glad they were like tay and didn't ask for alot of stuff. The one thing my daughter is good at is waiting until the end and hitting me up for one thing. She has gotten more expensive as she's gotten older but it comes with the territory.

Hope you all have a great summer!!

No comments: