Thursday, August 19, 2010

tick tick tick...BOOM

The time is upon us for school to begin. Teachers return next week and I am definately feeling the pressure. It's been a busy, challenging summer on so many levels. I'm not sure at the end how I am feeling about this one. I think time will tell. Here is an interesting realization that just came up...

When I was in HS I worked at a 711 type store for over 1 1/2 years. I really liked working there and have alot of great memories of coworkers and fun times. I was not a perfect employee by any means, but I certainly wasn't the worst! Eventually I was fired because I refused to work a holiday. I refused because it was at my birthday and I had worked every holiday previous. The manager and several employees told the owner that I should get the day off but he was being a douche. That was my first job and I was fired. I have carried that with me to every job I have had. Including my current one, where I have been for 14years! That situation has kept me on my toes at each subsequent job. BUT is that good? I'm always thinking that no matter how hard I work or how dedicated I am to my job, I will be fired. It's funny that I just realized how much of an impact something had on me over 25 years later! It's really pathetic that I can say over 25 years ago!

This summer I have faced many personal and professional walls. I still keep climbing over. Some people think that those walls are getting higher and higher and if I don't start knocking them down instead of climbing over...i'm going to fall. It's inevitable. I still keep climbing. I can't knock them down, I don't have the confidence or the energy. In that order unfortunately!

After that wah poor me up above, I will give myself a giant pat on the back...I have been consistent with my diet and excercise. The best part is that I have been dancing again. I love to dance and the aerobic dance classes are my favorite. I'm no SYTYCD dancer but I can keep up. It's wonderful and uplifting. I'm going to continue the accolades because I have learned that NO is in my vocabulary when it comes to food (not alcohol...don't worry) and I can go to the gym by myself...i don't like it but I will do it!

My daughter is amazing, as usual. She's still having an awesome summer and I'm completely jealous.

No comments: